If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One dish from my childhood that has stuck with me are my mother’s meatballs. The secret ingredient is saltines. I still make them. —Barbara Lynch
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 12 saltines, well crushed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven broiler and remove the broiler pan. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Using your hands, mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Roll the mixture into ping pong ball-sized meatballs and arrange on the broiler pan. Place under broiler for 5 minutes, browning just the tops. Add directly to your marinara (we grew up with Prego) including the drippings in the bottom of the pan. Simmer the meatballs in the marina for at least 10 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!