If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy Cauliflower stuffed Paratha is an Indian flat bread eaten all over the sub-continent. Paratha literally means buttery layers of cooked flour. Parathas are traditionally stuffed with spiced vegetables served with yogurt & Indian pickles called Achaar. Spicy Cauliflower stuffed Paratha is perfect for a Sunday brunch along with sweetened Lassi! —onetribegourmet
- 1 medium size bunches Cauliflower, Chopped
- 1 lg Onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Ginger/Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 large Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Green Chile Pepper, Sliced
- handfuls Cilantro, Chopped
Paratha~ Buttery Layered Flat Bread
- 2 cups Wheat Chapatti Flour
- 1 cup luke warm water
- pinches of Salt
- 1/4 cup Lightly Salted Butter
- Heat the Olive Oil in a large size deep pan on a medium high heat.
- Saute Cumin Seeds, Ginger/Garlic Paste & Sliced Onions in the Oil for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped Cauliflower & Saute for few more minutes. Now add Salt, Cayenne Pepper, & Turmeric. Stir well. Saute the Cauliflower & the Spices for few more minutes. Add the sliced Green Chile Peppers. Cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. Uncover & let the liquid dry. Garnish with chopped Cilantro.
- For the Paratha~ Add luke warm water & salt to the Chapati Flour. Knead the dough & let it rest on the counter top for 30 minutes.
- Roll out two 8 inch round Chapattis. Spread Butter on one of the Chapattis. Spoon the Spicy Cauliflower Masala on the Chapati. Cover it with the other Chapati and lightly roll it with a rolling pin.
- Heat a heavy bottom skillet. Melt some butter and place the Paratha on the skillet. Cook the Paratha until golden brown. Serve Hot with Yougurt/Raita, Achaar, or Lassi.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe