If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There’s something so fulfilling about roasted chicken and this sense of satisfaction is universal. The warm aromas that fill the kitchen while it cooks are comforting and feel like home. I love the different ways you can roast chicken with endless herbs and veggies- somehow lemon and rosemary end up on the rotation more often than others. There is something magical about how this combination marries with garlic and olive oil. You can develop deep flavors in this simple recipe. The cannellini beans are creamy and filling and beautifully absorb the rosemary, garlic + lemon. The kitchen will smell divine too.
Once the salad is made, serve with chicken and a nice glass of white wine. If you’re inspired by the rustic Tuscan flavors, try a nice Vermentino. Tuscany is known mainly for it’s red wines but there are lovely whites as well from the coastal regions of Tuscany known as “La Costa Toscana!” Just the name is divine! (forgive me, I’m taking Italian lessons and I’m in love with the language). According to Zester Daily, “Vermentino should have an appealing sapidità, a difficult word to translate into English — “sapidity”. Essentially it should leave you wanting another taste, or indeed another glass.” No arm twisting required here… —Basil and Roses
- 8-10 chicken thighs
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 15.5 oz cans of cannellini beans
- 4-5 small cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup white wine or water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust to desired heat)
- salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Wash chicken thighs and pat dry, place in roasting pan
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon on the chicken
- Spread cannellini beans around chicken thighs in pan
- Add chopped garlic over beans
- Add rosemary sprigs spread across pan
- Pour white wine into pan (if you don’t have wine, you can use water)
- Squeeze the juice of another 1/2 lemon all over beans
- Slice remaining lemon and place wedges in between beans + chicken
- Rub top of chicken thighs with olive oil (for crispy goodness) and pour the rest over beans
- Season with red chili flakes, salt + pepper
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximate 45 min – 1 hour depending on size of chicken thighs