If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is simple and satisfying and an perfect for a casual dinner with friends or family or just your fabulous self. I often make this for family gatherings on weekend afternoons. The ease in effort allows me to spend more time with my loved but still host a wonderful meal. In the summer I love using fresh herbs from my garden for the marinade and dressing and grill the chicken outside in the backyard. Of course that is not a requirement, the recipe also works well with an indoor stove top grill. —Basil and Roses
- 1 pound kale
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh hyme (1 for chicken, 1 for dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil (split for chicken and dressing)
- 2 2 lemons (split for chicken and dressing)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- salt + pepper
- Marinate chicken breasts in lemon juice, “good” olive oil (my inner Barefoot Contessa couldn’t help herself), rosemary, thyme, salt + pepper for 1 hour.
- Wash Kale thoroughly. Drain and pat dry. Place in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Using your loving hands, message the olive oil into the Kale.
- It may seem strange but a 5 minute spa treatment can do wonders for this nutritious green. You’ll be amazed to see how the gentle rubdown will transform the kale from a tough and bitter leaf to sweet silky sensation.
- If you practiced your mindfulness for the day, you’ll notice a change in darkening of color and texture as you message your soon to be delicious salad.
- Maybe someone else has melted and turned sweet into your hands before, but if not Kale will not disappoint. Anywho, this is how you make eating raw Kale a more pleasant experience. Don’t forget to remove the tough stems and only message the leafy part.
- In a separate bowl for the dressing: Whisk together half of the olive oil, Dijon mustard, juice of 1 lemon, salt + pepper and thyme.
- This simply elegant dressing will compliment the chicken well.
- Drizzle the oil into the rest of the ingredients as you whisk. Don’t add all of it at once.
- Add the walnuts to your salad and voila! This elegant and delicious salad is done!
- Grill chicken breasts on a stove top grill or outdoor grill and serve right on top of the salad.