If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tender buttermilk pancakes with the goodness of cream of wheat right in the batter! —Erica Hom
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cream of wheat, cooked
- ghee or butter for greasing the griddle
- Cook cream of wheat according to package directions
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk together in a separate bowl
- Add buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients. Add butter and sugar. Mix to combine.
- Add cooked cream of wheat and whisk well. If batter looks too thick, add 1 tbs of buttermilk at a time till it reaches a pancake batter consistency. Not too thin.
- Grease a hot griddle or pan with ghee. I prefer ghee so that it doesn't burn while cooking the pancakes. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter onto the greased griddle
- Cook till the edge look dry, then flip and cook till golden brown.