Author Notes: With just a handful of ingredients this delicious, simple fish à la meunière comes together quickly so you have more time to spend with your family and is pretty enough for guests. It is incredibly easy to prepare and a perfect dinner solution when short on time. —All that's Jas
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
white fish fillets (sole, cod, pollock, or tilapia)
salt and black pepper to taste
tablespoons all-purpose flour
juice of 1 lemon
tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a shallow dish add flour. Season the fish with salt and pepper then gently press into the flour to coat. Shake off the excess flour.
- In a large non-stick pan or cast iron skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat. When the butter begins to foam add the fish and then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the fish 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer the fish to a plate and keep warm.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the lemon juice and chopped parsley. Spoon the lemon butter sauce over fish fillet.
- Serve alongside boiled potatoes (like the Belgians do) and your favorite vegetables.