If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With just a handful of ingredients this delicious, simple fish à la meunière comes together quickly so you have more time to spend with your family and is pretty enough for guests. It is incredibly easy to prepare and a perfect dinner solution when short on time. —All that's Jas
- 4 white fish fillets (sole, cod, pollock, or tilapia)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large non-stick pan or cast iron skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat. When the butter begins to foam add the fish and then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the fish 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer the fish to a plate and keep warm.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the lemon juice and chopped parsley. Spoon the lemon butter sauce over fish fillet.
- Serve alongside boiled potatoes (like the Belgians do) and your favorite vegetables.