If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up I saw my grandma pickling a lot of stuff – gherkins, mushrooms, tomatoes. onions, garlic.
So I had quite a good idea on how to make the standard pickling liquid or for instance, importance of sterilising the jars.
I never, however, saw her making pickled radish.
Thus using my knowledge and love to experiment – here is my Simple Pickled Radish! —Kirill Greidan
- 1 bunch Radish
- 200 milliliters Water
- 200 milliliters Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3 Whole Cloves
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- First of all, slice the radishes really thinly. The mandoline slicer will be very useful.
- Next in a medium sized pan bring to the boil water, vinegar and all of the spices to the boil.
- Put garlic at the bottom of a 700ml jar with a lid, pack with sliced radish and pour the boiling hot mixture over it.
- It will be ready in 5-7h or for the best result leave it overnight. Keep in the refrigerator or up to a week or so.