If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great, flavourful dinner for busy families. This one cooks up easily and freezes well, making it the perfect, well-balanced meal to serve busy families on a weeknight. My fussy eater also loves it. —Kimberley Bennett
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables (such as peas and corn)
- 1 large handfuls spinach, finely chopped
- 1 large chicken breast diced
- 2 chorizos, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 500 grams aborio rice
- 2 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- Brown the onion and garlic in a large pan with a tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the Cajun seasoning, frozen veggies, and spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and chorizo and cook for a few minutes, until the chicken begins to brown.
- Add the tomato paste and rice and stir for a few seconds to coat the rice in the tomato paste.
- Add the stock and turn the heat to high. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium, remove the lid, and simmer for about 20 minutes (stir halfway through so the rice doesn't stick to the bottom). If you notice halfway through there isn't much liquid left, top up the pan with a cup of water and increase the total cooking time to 25 minutes, until the liquid is all absorbed.