If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tart compliments your dinner elegantly with its silky and smooth matcha mousse filling. The buttery and crunchy coconut tart pairs perfectly well with the earthy matcha flavour. —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: one 9-inch tart
cup sweetened shredded coconut
cup all purpose flour
tablespoons all purpose flour
tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
cup powdered sugar
Matcha Custard Filling
tablespoons unflavoured gelatin powder
tablespoons matcha powder
grams white chocolate, melted and cooled
cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish with a removable bottom.
- To prepare crust, toast coconut in oven for a few minutes until lightly brown. Let cool completely.
- In a food processor, mix coconut, flour, butter, powdered sugar and salt until dough just becomes to form a ball.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie dish.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Then bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare matcha mousse, sprinkle gelatin powder in 2 tablespoons water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix matcha powder with another 2 tablespoons water to form a paste. Then mix it with the gelatin until smooth.
- Beat the egg yolks until light and creamy, about 5 minutes. Mix in the matcha mixture.
- Beat in the melted white chocolate until combined.
- Whip the heavy cream until it becomes stiff. Add the cream to the matcha mixture and fold with a spatula until it becomes one liquid.
- Remove cooled pie crust from the pan. Pour the matcha filling in and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the tart until set, about 3 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and shredded coconuts.