tablespoons olive oil
rope (13 1/2 ounces) smoked sausage, diced
pint baby sungold or cherry tomatoes
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
cup grated Pecorino cheese, plus more to serve
Small handful of torn basil, about 4-5 leaves
In This Recipe
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While the water comes to a boil, start the sauce: Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until it begins to brown, about 7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the salt and bring back to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks finish your sauce. Add the tomatoes to the skillet and cook until they begin to burst, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until pale golden, about 2 minutes. Add the sausage back to the skillet with its drippings and toss the mixture together.
- Add the pasta directly to the skillet and toss, adding in ¼ cup of pasta water or more (up to 1 cup) as needed to loosen up the sauce. Add in the Pecorino cheese and toss again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate in bowl and top with basil. Pass Pecorino at the table, if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!