If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fun Friday night dinner for the whole family to enjoy! —tastytots17
Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 5 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound bacon - cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces grated Asiago cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Fontina cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Provolone cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni cooked 3-min short or recommended time, strained
- 1/2 cup pasta water
Toppings: Ingredients and Preparation - Mix all of the following into a bowl
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 ounces crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt the butter in a large heavy pot and sauté the onion, garlic, salt, pepper for 5 minutes
- Add the flour and whisk for 2-3 minutes, kinda making a roux
- Add the cream, milk and stir until this comes to a boil
- Lower to a simmer and stir in all the cheese.
- Stir until it all melts while adding the 1/2 cup of pasta water
- Stir in the parsley, bacon and the cooked macaroni until all combined
- Pour this into a 9"x13" buttered baking dish
- Spread on the toppings
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. You'll see the cheese bubbling and the top will be a golden brown - that's when you know it's done!