If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an old Family Italian Recipe, With alittle updating, and just like every meatballs and sauce recipe, every Italian Family has Its own version of Pasta Fagioli! —beachblue
Serves a large pot fill
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Beef or ( 1/2 lb. ground beef~1/2 lb. Sausage)
- 2 Celery Stalks Chopped
- 2 Carrots Diced
- 1 can of Pinto Beans (15oz)
- 1 can of Roman Beans (15oz)
- 1 can of Cannellini Beans (15oz)
- 1 pound can of Crush Tomatoes
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon Rosemay Chopped
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 pound Ditalini Pasta
- In a Large Pot, (Soup Pot) On Medium Heat warm oil.
- Add Onions and Garlic, cook until Soft.
- Add Ground Beef and brown with Onions and Garlic.
- Add Celery and Carrots, and Beans Combination to Beef Mixture.
- Stir in The Crush Tomatoes, Beef Broth, Red Wine, Balsamic Vinegar, Bay Leaf,Parsley, Rosemary, Red pepper flakes, Sea Salt and Black Pepper. (The seasons may be use at your Taste Liking.)
- Cook on Low Heat~Gently for 2 hours~~ You may use It Now~or~let sit, on stove, with no heat and rewarm later~or put in refrigerator over night to flavor even more.
- When ready to Serve, Cook Ditalini Pasta, in salted water "al dente" and drain then add to warm soup and serve. Garnish with Grated Cheese.