If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I came up with this recipe, I was thinking about things that are encrusted, such as Scotch eggs, potato crusted fish, etc. while eating avocado. The chicharrones seemed like a good idea because of the contrast of crunch and salt. —Liz Prueitt
- 1 California avocado
- 1 bag (about 6 ounces) chicharrones, crushed into very small pieces
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional; taste how salty the chicharrones are)
- 1 lime, cut in half
- Halve the avocado and discard the pit. Scoop each half out of its skin with a large spoon, keeping the shape intact.
- Mix the rest of the dry ingredients together. The chicharrones should be finely crushed, but not powder. They should be like very small bread crumbs.
- Coat the avocado with the mixture, gently pressing it into the avocado. Completely coat and serve immediately with the fresh lime squeezed over just before eating.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!