If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In Istanbul, spring has brought mountains of bright red strawberries and dark purple mulberries to the farmers market. It is time to make a fresh fruit galette with these beauties.. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
grams cold butter
milliliters cold water
tablespoon orange zest
tablespoon flaked hazelnuts or almonds
- Preheat oven to 190 C° Place a baking tray inside and heat.
- Pulse sugar, flour,salt and cubed cold butter in a food processor until it forms a yellow sandy texture. (1-2 minute) Add cold water and pulse to combine. (1 minute) On a lightly floured surface combine the dough and form a disk, wrap in a cling film and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut strawberries in half , add sugar ,orange zest and corn starch and mix. Roll out pastry 4-5mm thick on a lightly floured surface smooth out any creases.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Set berries in the middle leaving 3cm around the sides.(leave the juices in the bowl) Sprinkle lightly with sugar.Fold over edges of pastry to make a 2cm border around all sides. (Chill dough in the freezer for a few minutes if it becomes too soft to work with.)
- Brush the sides with eggwash. Sprinkle sugar and flaked hazelnuts and transfer sheet on the baking tray in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and puffed. Remove baking sheet after 10 minutes and turn the galette for an even bake.