If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple sautéed peas, green onions, and mint makes a mighty toast topper. Since it has a little tang, we used Brummel & Brown™ Organic Buttery Spread" to sautee the peas and alliums. —Food52
Makes 1 1/4 cups mash
- 3 tablespoons yogurt spread, divided
- 2 cups fresh baby green peas (or thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of yogurt spread over medium heat and cook the peas, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and salt and cook until the onions turn bright green and soften slightly, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon of the spread and mint. Mash slightly.
- Serve with toasted whole grain bread.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: