Author Notes: These beautiful roasted flower onions will mesmerise your guests. They are delicious and they look gorgeous... —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
red& white onions
cup olive oil
tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
sea salt & bleck pepper
tablespoon chopped parsley
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 220 C
- Cut the bottom root off of the onion off but just enough to keep it from rolling around.
- Carefully cut the onion to 4 times making 8 wedges but keeping the bottom intact . Don't cut all the way through.
- Whisk olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Rub the mixture all over the outside of the onions and place them in a baking dish or tray.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil and some balsamic vinegar on top and inside the cuts. Add salt and pepper. Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove foil and cook for 1o minutes more. Serve with capers, chopped parsley and coriander flowers..