If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this is a chevre-filled twist on the typical brunch specialty. it's a healthy makeover, thanks to the probiotic and nutrient-packed goat cheese. plus it's even more delicious. any fresh berry can be substituted for the strawberries. if Belle + The Bees breakfast cheese is not available in your area, try mixing a tablespoon of honey into the amount of fromage blanc called for in the recipe. —bellechevre
- 4 pieces dense bread, like challah
- 4 ounces belle and the bees breakfast cheese
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cut slices almost in half, leaving one edge intact.
- Spread cheese on the inside, then layer strawberries and close bread.
- Whisk buttermilk and remaining ingredients. Heat pan over medium-high heat and melt butter.
- Dip bread into mixture, covering sides and edges. Fry until each side is golden brown. Keep warm in 250 degree oven while preparing remaining French toast.