If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This summer I've been on a radish kick - buying them almost every week from the farmer's market. I've been trying to be less wasteful in the kitchen so I wanted to use the greens for something, and decided to turn them into a creamy soup. The result was an earthy, fresh, delicious flavor! —Katherine Turro
- 10 cups fresh radish tops, cleaned and chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Yukon gold potato, chopped and peeled
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 small stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- In a heavy bottom pot, cook yellow onion and garlic until soft. Add in salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Add in celery stalks and cook until slightly soft. Add in vegetable broth and water and bring everything to a simmer. Add in the potatoes and cook until soft. Add in radish tops and milk.
- Using either an immersion mixer or a blender, mix together the soup until it is smooth and creamy. Transfer it back into the pot and continue stirring. Serve in soup bowls and top with a tablespoon of creme fraiche and other toppings if you'd like - I used chopped chives and chive blossoms!