Makes: 25-30 cookies
pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into six pieces
cup confectioner’s sugar, plus more for dusting
cups all-purpose flour
cup raw, crushed cashews
teaspoons vanilla extract
teaspoon cardamom powder
- Combine the butter and confectioner’s sugar in a bowl to form a stiff mixture. Add the flour, nuts, vanilla, cardamom powder and salt, and mix well to form a dough. Let stand for 30 minutes, covered, at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Make small balls out of the dough, about 1 inch in diameter, and place them on a cookie sheet. Smash the balls flat with the bottom of a small glass, lightly dipped in flour to prevent sticking, so they resemble irregular clouds. Make sure the cookies don’t touch one another.
- Bake for approximately 22 to 25 minutes (depending on the oven). Remove from the oven and dust the tops generously with confectioner’s sugar. Cool on racks.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!