If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes: 25-30 cookies
pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into six pieces
cup confectioner’s sugar, plus more for dusting
cups all-purpose flour
cup raw, crushed cashews
teaspoons vanilla extract
teaspoon cardamom powder
- Combine the butter and confectioner’s sugar in a bowl to form a stiff mixture. Add the flour, nuts, vanilla, cardamom powder and salt, and mix well to form a dough. Let stand for 30 minutes, covered, at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Make small balls out of the dough, about 1 inch in diameter, and place them on a cookie sheet. Smash the balls flat with the bottom of a small glass, lightly dipped in flour to prevent sticking, so they resemble irregular clouds. Make sure the cookies don’t touch one another.
- Bake for approximately 22 to 25 minutes (depending on the oven). Remove from the oven and dust the tops generously with confectioner’s sugar. Cool on racks.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!