If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The combination of cauliflower, bacon, and an easy Parmesan cheese sauce is the perfect blend of creamy, savory, and a little smoky that I think pairs perfectly with ham. This recipe is also simple, ensuring that I have plenty of time to hang out with my family on Easter instead of being stuck in the kitchen all day. In fact, to save even more time, you could make this the night before and then just bake it the next day. Even better! —Meg
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound Hatfield Thick Cut Bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 trimmed, rinsed, and chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add chopped cauliflower. Boil for 5 minutes, drain, and transfer to a baking dish.
- In a sauce pan, add bacon and cook on med/low until bacon is crisp.
- Add chopped leeks and garlic to bacon and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Remove bacon and leeks from pan and sprinkle over cauliflower. Remove bacon drippings from pan.
- Add butter and flour to pan and cook on medium for 1-2 minutes until bubbly. Slowly stir in milk, whisking to prevent lumps from forming. Cook sauce for 2-3 minutes until it thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat. Add thyme, salt and pepper to taste, and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and bacon and stir to make sure the sauce coats all of the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese over the top and place in oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned on top.