If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I will always choose salty over sweet, plus I'm a sucker for soy sauce and wasabi anything, so this might be my spirit snack mix.
Want to change it up? Try adding wasabi peas, rice crackers, dry-roasted peanuts, and/or Rice Chex. —Lindsay-Jean Hard
Makes about 11 cups
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels (or about 10 cups popped popcorn)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups wasabi almonds (or wasabi peas)
- 1 small package roasted seaweed, crumbled (mine was 5 grams)
- 1 tablespoon shichimi togarashi (optional)
- Pop your popcorn in your preferred manner. I like to heat a little grapeseed oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat and add 3 kernels. Once those 3 kernels pop, I add the rest of the kernels and shake occasionally until there are a few seconds between each pop. Shift the pot to a cool burner.
- Meanwhile, while the popcorn is popping, whisk the coconut oil (or butter) and soy sauce together in a small bowl or the pan you melted you melted it in (and the shichimi togarashi if you're using it).
- Drizzle the soy sauce mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat. Mix in the almonds and seaweed, transfer to a bowl and eat immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: