If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's an all-natural recipe that yields a delicious, versatile alternative to sugar or other sweeteners. It's super easy to make and keeps in the fridge up to 3 days. Most importantly, it's fully kid-approved! —Michelle J. Calcatelli
Makes 250ml (one small jar)
- 2 cups fresh, pitted Medjoul dates
- 2 purple carrots
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- Juice the carrots and set 2/3 of the juice aside. Save the remaining 1/3 juice in the fridge to add to a smoothie or drink plain.
- Blend the dates and coconut butter on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot juice and resume blending on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Make sure the mixture has a gooey, honey consistency before transferring to a glass jar. If it is too runny, add a few dates. If is too thick, add a splash of cold water. Close the jar tightly and refrigerate for up to 3 days.