If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's a healthy middle-eastern twist for a classic meatloaf and has no eggs in it. —eatwithnamie
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 piece onion
- 5 pieces garlic
- 1 cup soaked buckwheat
- 1 teaspoon sumac, cumin, paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried mint or a handful fresh
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground blackpepper
- Preheat the oven to 190’C(370F).
- In a food processor, blend onion and garlic – or chop finely by hand – and add to a large bowl, along with the ground meat, spices, seasonings, and buckwheat, and mix well.
- Transfer it into a loaf pan and bake for 50-60 mins.
- Tips: You can baste the loaf half way through the cooking or drain it off at the end and make a reduction sauce with your favourite method, eg. balsamic, pomegranate, red wine, etc