If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Light healthy muffins made with yogurt and middle-eastern fragrance —eatwithnamie
Makes small 12
- 2 pieces oranges and its juice
- 115 grams butter, melted
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 2 1/2 cups wholewheat flour or normal
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water (optional)
- 1 tablespoon marmalade, chopped (optional)
- 12 pieces thinly sliced orange
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease 12 hole muffin tins with melted butter. Squeeze the orange juice and add the blossom water and poppy seeds. Set aside while preparing the batter.
- Whisk the melted butter, egg, and sugar well before adding the yogurt. Whisk briefly and sift the dry ingredients into the bowl.
- Add the poppy-seed mixture, the marmalade or orange peels, and stir gently just to combine(do not overmix).
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins and top it with an orange slice. Put it into the even and reduce the heat to 175’C. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and turn onto a wire rack and brush with the syrup and cool before serving.