Author Notes: Fresh pasta dish perfect for a summer evening! —tastytots17
ounces can whole San Marzano tomatoes
pinch red pepper flakes
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese or Pecorino Romano
cup fresh basil chiffonade
In This Recipe
- Boil large pot of briskly salted water
- Separate the tomatoes from the juice and rough chop them
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, salt, garlic and pepper flakes and sauté on a medium heat for 1 min
- Add the tomatoes and juice to the skillet, put the heat to high and when it comes to a boil cook the tomatoes for just 10 minutes tossing along the way, then remove from the heat.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook till al dente
- When the pasta is done put the heat back to high on the sauce, add the pasta to the skillet directly from the water. DON'T RINSE IT.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce for 1-minute to fully cook and coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Plate the pasta and top with grated cheese, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and the fresh basil.