If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This fresh, no lettuce salad celebrates the flavors of summer with asparagus ribbons, sweet corn, and vine ripe tomatoes. The flavorful vegetables pair perfectly with savory crumbled pancetta and freshly grated parmesan. This asparagus ribbon salad is also great for making ahead and the hearty ingredients won’t wilt in the simple white wine vinaigrette dressing. —Michele Sidorenkov, RDN
- 1/2 ounce pancetta
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 7 asparagus spears, medium in size with ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- In a skillet set to medium high heat, crisp the pancetta for 3-5 minutes. Once the pancetta is crispy (like bacon) remove from skillet, allow to cool, then chop into fine, crispy crumbles.
- In the same hot pan you used for the pancetta, roast the corn kernels in the skillet, using the rendered fat from the pancetta to coat and oil the kernels in the pan. Cook the corn kernels for 10-12 minutes only stirring a few times to allow the kernels to brown. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Prepare the asparagus ribbons by holding the base of the asparagus and using a vegetable peeler, apply light pressure and make long slices from base to tip. Repeat until all of the asparagus is made into ribbons.
- Prepare the white wine vinaigrette by combining olive oil, white wine vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and salt together in a small bowl and mix with a whisk or fork until throughly combined.
- In a medium sized bowl toss corn, asparagus ribbons, and quartered cherry tomatoes with the white wine vinaigrette until the vegetables are equally coated in the dressing. Sprinkle crumbled pancetta and freshly grated parmesan over the top and enjoy.