If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I really hate the term “smoothie”. It’s just too nineties. I wanted to come up with something refreshing and non-alcoholic that Captain Jack Sparrow might drink. Seasonal of course. Dragon fruit seems to be abundant---I’ve read they are growing them over on the coast now. Strawberries and stone fruit are still in season.
If you’ve never had dragon fruit before, it’s quite user friendly. Split it in half top to bottom, there is not central pit just tiny black seeds. Scoop the flesh out as you would with an artichoke.
- 1 dragon fruit, halved
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries
- 1/2 pint cherries stoned
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- Into the bowl of a strong blender scoop the flesh from the dragon fruit.
- Add all of the other ingredients.
- Begin to blend on the lowest speed. Gradually turn up the speed until you hit “liquify” or the equivalent number. Blend for up to one minute and then slowly turn the speed down to low and then stop.
- Taste for sweetness. If necessary add more sugar or a spoonful of honey.