If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This ice cream cake is a surefire crowd pleaser that requires very little effort. Strawberry cake mix becomes the brownie crust for this cool, refreshing summer dessert. Filled with chocolate chip ice cream and topped with a layer of chocolate fudge, it is so good!! —In Good Flavor
- 1 (16.5 oz) box strawberry cake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 (1.5 qt) chocolate chip ice cream or flavor of choice, softened
- 1 (7.5 oz) Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9" x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add cake mix, salt, water, vegetable oil, and egg into a large mixing bowl. Whisk by hand until ingredients are well blended, about 50 strokes. Batter will be dense and thick. Do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread even. Place in the oven. Bake for 23-28 minutes. Done when a toothpick inserted into brownie comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Cut out (and eat) any hard, crusty edges. Line a 1.5 quart mold with plastic wrap, allowing a few inches of excess wrap to drape over outside of the mold (I used two 6-inch cake pans). Break up pieces of brownies and press onto the bottom and sides of the mold to form a thin crust. Freeze for 1 hour to set.
- To unmold, allow the cake to sit at room temperature for a two minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen cake. Lift out by pulling on the plastic wrap, or turn cake upside-down, tapping the mold to loosen the cake. Remove plastic wrap.
- Place cake on a serving plate. Shake the Magic Shell bottle. Spread a generous amount on over of cake, working quickly before it solidifies.