If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Try out this matcha cake with coconut-lime-mint cream and raspberries. If you add erythritol instead of sugar it will also be a fit dessert! —Flymetothespoon
Cake & infusion
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup erythritol or sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon matcha tea
- 5 stalks lemon grass, base and tops trimmed, outer leaves removed
- 1/2 lime
- 4 springs of mint
- 150 grams coconut cream
- 500 gallons mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons powdered erythritol or powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds
- 1 lime - zest and juice
- 1 handful fresh mint (plus a little bit for decoration)
- 2 tablespoons matcha tea
- 600 grams raspberries
- Prepare the punch. Crush lemon grass with the end of the knife, put it into the jug. Add mint leaves and pour 500 ml of boiling water. Cover it and put aside for at least 15 mint. Then let it cool down and add lime juice.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Separate whites from yolks. Mix yolks with baking powder using fork and put aside.
- Whisk whites until stiff, at the end add sugar and mix until they will be shiny and smooth.
- Mix whites and eggs together with spoon. Slowly sift flour inside and mix using whisk. Add 1 tbsp matcha tea and 3 tbsp of lemon grass infusion. Mix delicately with whisk.
- Spread baking paper on the bottom of a 18 cm cake tin. Pour 2/3 part of the dough inside and spread evenly. Bake for around 30 until woodenskewer comes out clean. Put out and let it cool down completely. Repeat the same with the rest of the cake. Then cut the first cake on 2 halves. You should have 3 cakes now.
- Prepare the frosting. Mix coconut cream with mascarpone, sugar and lime juice. The add lime zest, chopped mint and mix. Put aside 3 tbs to one bowl and 4 tbsp to the second bowl. Mix these 4 tbsp of cream with 2 tbsp of matcha tea.
- Put the cake together. Soak first cake with lemon grass infusion, spread half of the cream evenly, add around 200 gr of raspberries. Cover with the second cake and repeat. Cover with the last cake, soak it with the infusion and spread the cream from the bowl that you’ve had put aside – only on the top of the cake. Then spread the cream mixed with matcha on the sides of the cake putting a bit of it on the top’s sides. Then make waves using fork, so the colours can mix a little bit. Decorate with around 200 gr raspberries and mint.