If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm pretty sure we don't need another raw bliss ball recipe in the world, but the flavours in this one are particularly lovely so I'm sharing it anyway.
There's something special about the combination of cashews, apricots and cardamom, but I adapt this recipe depending on what's in the pantry. Try almond or peanut butter, cinnamon or nutmeg, prunes or dates. —Jordan Rondel, The Caker
- 100 grams fine desiccated coconut
- 100 grams quick-cook rolled oats
- 1 generous pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 150 grams cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 grams sticky, soft, plump dried apricots
- In a small pan on the stove, toast 60g of the coconut until aromatic and lightly golden. Place oats, toasted coconut, sea salt and cardamom in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add apricots and pulse again until they are completely broken down. Add the cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla and pulse until the mixture holds together when pressed.
- Using clean hands, roll dough into balls. Roll each ball in the remaining 40g of untoasted coconut. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.