If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chanterelles cooked with cream and spicy meatballs is to die for.... —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 400 grams chanterelles
- 300 grams ground beef
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 milliliters cream
- 1/3 cup white wine
- In a bowl combine ground beef, coriander and chopped parsley plus a tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix with hands until well combined. Roll into plum size small meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Fry meatballs in batches until all are browned, but not cooked through. Set aside.
- Reserve pan drippings. Add sliced onion green and red peppers,nutmeg and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add chanterelles and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and scrape up flavor bits from the bottom. Return the meatballs in the pan and simmer for 8-10 minutes on low heat with lid on. Adjust seasoning.
- When reduced add cream bring to a boil. Coat the meatballs with sauce. Finally add finely chopped parsley. And serve with fresh thyme leaves..