Author Notes: Adding sour cream to brownie butter gives the brownies an incredibly moist, fudgy texture without making them too dense. Rich in chocolate flavor, they sport a nicely crackly crust, too. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: 12 brownies
tablespoons (4 ounces) butter
ounces unsweetened chocolate
ounces semisweet chocolate
cup (7 ounces) sugar
teaspoons vanilla extract
cup (3 1/6 ounces) flour
cup (4 ounces) sour cream
- Melt the butter with both of the chocolates over a double boiler (or in a microwave) until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8" x 8" pan or line with parchment and grease the parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together. Add the vanilla and beat well.
- Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture, and then fold in the flour, salt, and sour cream. Mix until the batter just comes together -- don't overmix.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Remove from the oven and let cool fully before slicing and serving.