If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adding sour cream to brownie butter gives the brownies an incredibly moist, fudgy texture without making them too dense. Rich in chocolate flavor, they sport a nicely crackly crust, too. —Posie Harwood
Makes 12 brownies
- 8 tablespoons (4 ounces) butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (3 1/6 ounces) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) sour cream
- Melt the butter with both of the chocolates over a double boiler (or in a microwave) until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8" x 8" pan or line with parchment and grease the parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together. Add the vanilla and beat well.
- Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture, and then fold in the flour, salt, and sour cream. Mix until the batter just comes together -- don't overmix.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Remove from the oven and let cool fully before slicing and serving.