If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Classic Italian Tomato Bruschetta is an easy appetizer of crispy toasted bread and delicious tomato topping. Summer perfection! —VibrantPlate
- 1-2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 slices of rustic bread or ciabatta
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- Wash and dry tomatoes and bell pepper, remove core and seeds, then dice. Place in a bowl, season to taste with salt & pepper and sprinkle with olive oil. Add a sprinkle of chopped basil and mix well.
- Put bread sliced on grill or in a heated pan. Grill or toast until golden brown, then remove and set aside on a plate. Sprinkle with olive oil, then rub generously with crushed garlic clove.
- Top bread slices with the tomato and pepper salad and enjoy.