If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These delicious little things are better than pizza. The roasted eggplant as a crust says it all... —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 2-3 large round eggplant, sliced 2cm thick
- 12 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 100 grams Kashar or provolone cheese
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 6-7 black olives
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- 1/4 cup red and green pepper slices
- fresh basil leaves
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 C .Put baking paper on your trays. Arrange the sliced eggplants. Brush both sides with olive oil . Sprinkle salt and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove the baked eggplant from the oven, Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over each eggplant followed by chopped spinach , shredded cheese , peppers and black olives.
- Drizzle some olive oil and cook in the oven until cheese stars to melt. Add halved cherry tomatoes and fresh basil on top and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve while still hot. Bon Appétit