If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I searched and searched this summer for the perfect scallop dis and couldn't find it. I wanted a perfect balance of sweet salty and acid. Perfection. —meganvt01
- 1 pound Dry pack sea scallops
- 1 Large tomato, chopped and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon Sherry vinegar
- 2 Slices thick cut bacon, cut into batons (1/4 inch strips)
- 2 Ears corn, cut off the cob
- 2 tablespoons Basil, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon Chives, minced
- Prep your scallops by sprinkling with kosher salt while you prep the remaining ingredients. Before cooking pat dry very well.
- Mix the sherry vinegar in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon to crisp tender and remove to drain. . Pour off half the bacon fat and reserve.
- Cook the corn kernels in half the bacon fat until crisp tender about 5 mins. Season with salt and pepper Set aside.
- Raise the heat in the skillet to medium high and add back in the remaining bacon fat. Sear the scallops to a nice hard crust - about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for one more minute. Set aside.
- To plate - spread the corn kernels on a plate and scatter the bacon across. Nestle in the scallops. Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle on the herbs.