If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warm lemon blackberry drop biscuits with homemade butter —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
teaspoons baking powder
ounces cold homemade butter
tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder until well mixed.
- Cut the butter into very small pieces and add to the bowl. Using your hands, work the butter into the flour until the pieces are small and the mixture has a grainy texture.
- Stir in the buttermilk, lemon zest, and blackberries and mix until a cohesive dough has formed.
- Using two spoons, drop dough into approximately 2” diameter mounds on the prepared baking sheet - you should end up with about 9 biscuits total.
- Bake biscuits until they are just starting to brown on the tops, about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm with plenty of butter.