Warm lemon blackberry drop biscuits with homemade butter
Warm lemon blackberry drop biscuits with homemade butter—Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
teaspoons baking powder
ounces cold homemade butter
tablespoon lemon zest
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder until well mixed.
- Cut the butter into very small pieces and add to the bowl. Using your hands, work the butter into the flour until the pieces are small and the mixture has a grainy texture.
- Stir in the buttermilk, lemon zest, and blackberries and mix until a cohesive dough has formed.
- Using two spoons, drop dough into approximately 2” diameter mounds on the prepared baking sheet - you should end up with about 9 biscuits total.
- Bake biscuits until they are just starting to brown on the tops, about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm with plenty of butter.