If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe breaks from the usual chocolate heavy versions of homemade peanut butter cups. Kudos to "All Day I Dream..." for the inspiration (http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2017/07/low-carb-easy-peanut-butter-cups.html). I changed little here, swapping in cashew butter and adding some whole cashews. I used some 100% cacao callebaut chocolate for the topping. —Brian Coppola
- 3/4 cup fresh ground, no sugar, cashew butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 ounces cacao butter
- 1/4 cup sweetener (Swerve, powdered)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces whole jumbo roasted cashews, low to no salt added
- 4 ounces 100% cacao callebaut chocolate
- Prepare 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Melt the cashew butter, butter, and cacao butter together over low heat, stirring regularly until smooth.
- Add in the sweetener, vanilla, and whole cashews. Combine well.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 equal portions, being sure to distribute the whole nuts evenly. Refrigerate the cups on a level shelf until firm.
- Chop and then melt the chocolate in a double boiler set up (I use a porcelain bowl perched on a saucepan). Be patient and use a low simmer to simply melt the chocolate and not char it or dry it out.
- Remove the cooled cup and spoon the chocolate over the tops. Return to the refrigerator to harden.
- Wrap in plastic (including the muffin papers), then store in a sealed plastic bag, in the refrigerator.