If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: See step 2 for instructions on making flavored simple syrup. —Emma Laperruque
Makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat. Add the sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Refrigerate and chill completely before using. If you are flavoring the syrup, let the mixture infuse for 24 hours before straining and using.
- Coffee or tea: Substitute strongly brewed coffee or tea for the water.
- Ginger: Add 6 (or more!) inches ginger, peeled and sliced into coins, with the sugar.
- Herbal: Add a big handful of fresh basil or mint leaves or 3 sprigs fresh rosemary with the sugar. (If you’re using basil or mint, infuse for 30 minutes, then strain and chill.)
- Citrus: Add the peels from 1 lemon, 1 lime, 1 small orange, or 1/2 grapefruit with the sugar.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!