Author Notes: The Gorgonzola adds a luscious depth to the dish that even keeps people who claim not to like Gorgonzola coming back for extra helpings. —Mike G
pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
Onion, small, thinly sliced
ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
tablespoon Thyme, fresh, chopped
teaspoon Pepper, freshly ground
cups Butter, melted
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Arrange an overlapping layer of thinly sliced potatoes in bottom of lightly greased 9 in. by 13 in. baking pan.
- Place over potatoes: a few thinly sliced onions, about 2 oz of Gorgonzola, about 1 Tbsp. of flour and the butter. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. thyme, ½ tsp. salt and pepper and about ½ cup cream. Repeat process until all the ingredients are used.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake another 20 to 30 minute or until the potatoes are soft and a golden crust forms.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Gratin