If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy, fast, and healthy meal will be ready for you to devour in under 30 minutes. Don’t wait on this Sea Bass with Lemon Butter Caper Sauce! —Paige
- 1.5 pounds sea bass fillets
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Generously salt the tops of fish fillets. They'll likely have skins on the bottom so you can leave those alone. Add flour to a long shallow dish. Coat the meaty side of the fish with flour and shake off excess, again, leaving the skin bare.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until rippling. Gently add the fillets, skin side up, to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat. Turn the fillets over, skin side down. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. After the fish is cooked through, using a spatula, carefully remove fillets to the plate. Turn the pan down to medium-low.
- Add capers, diced garlic, and lemon juice to the same pan with oil. Cook on medium-low heat for about 1 minute, until garlic softens a bit. Remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter, off heat, to the caper sauce, stirring, until butter melts and forms a creamy mixture.
- Add fish back to the pan, spoon sauce over the fish and serve.