If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —dinneralovestory
Makes 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces smoked andouille sausage, sliced into coins)
- 6-7 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 2-3 cups fresh corn kernels, uncooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh thyme or chopped fresh basil
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- In a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat, brown the sausage in the olive oil until crispy, about three minutes. Remove the sausage to a large plate and set aside. Raise the heat to medium-high and brown the chicken (in batches if necessary) on both sides until mostly cooked through, about twelve minutes total. Remove the chicken to the plate with the sausage.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low and add the onions, jalapeno, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes if using, and a little more oil if necessary. Stir until the onions are slightly wilted. Add the corn and tomatoes and stir until the vegetables release their juices.
- Nestle the chicken and sausage among the vegetables, cover, and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with the basil or thyme and serve in bowls. Squeeze with fresh lime.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!