Author Notes: This hearty BBQ Pulled Chicken Pot Pie with Sweet Potato Biscuit Topping is a comforting dish that the whole family will love! —Paige
For the Pot Pie
ounces container of Curly's BBQ Pulled Chicken
cup chicken broth
ounces can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
cups frozen roasted corn
medium green bell pepper, diced
cup chopped fresh parsley
For the Sweet Potato Biscuit Topping
cup cooked mashed sweet potato
cup whole milk
cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
tablespoon baking powder
tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Make the biscuits Preheat oven to 425ºF. In a small bowl whisk together the sweet potato and milk (less up front, and more if needed). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter (or a fork if you don't have a pastry cutter) until the mixture is a crumbly texture or resemble coarse meal. Add the sweet potato mixture and gently fold to combine. Add the remaining milk a little at a time until all of the flour is moistened. The amount of milk you will need will depend on the moisture of the sweet potato.
- Sprinkle a small handful of flour on a work surface. Turn the dough out onto the surface and knead lightly 2-3 times with the palm of your hand until the dough comes together. Pat the dough out into a ½-in thick round. Using a 2½-in round biscuit cutter, cut the dough into biscuits, Gently roll the scraps out again and cut out more biscuits.
- Make the Pot Pie Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Curly's BBQ Pulled Chicken, chicken broth, drained pinto beans, frozen corn, and diced bell pepper. Stir until well combined. Spoon mixture evenly into baking dish and top with the sweet potato biscuits. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown on top. You'll know the dish is ready when the mixture is bubbly and the biscuits are baked through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle top with chopped fresh parsley to serve.