If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Coconut macaroons are very simple, three-ingredient affairs, and need little in the way of adornment. But the vibrant flavor of raspberries adds a wonderful lift to an otherwise classic dessert (and a pretty, bright pop of color!). —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: 16 cookies
cups sweetened shredded coconut
cup lightly crushed freeze-dried raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with the sugar and salt. The mixture should become slightly frothy.
- Add the shredded coconut. Stir to mix well. Add the raspberries and stir to combine evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and, using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, portion out the batter into 1 1/2" balls.
- Bake the macaroons for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown on the edges. Let cool slightly on the pan.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!