Author Notes: Coconut macaroons are very simple, three-ingredient affairs, and need little in the way of adornment. But the vibrant flavor of raspberries adds a wonderful lift to an otherwise classic dessert (and a pretty, bright pop of color!). —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: 16 cookies
cups sweetened shredded coconut
cup lightly crushed freeze-dried raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with the sugar and salt. The mixture should become slightly frothy.
- Add the shredded coconut. Stir to mix well. Add the raspberries and stir to combine evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and, using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, portion out the batter into 1 1/2" balls.
- Bake the macaroons for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown on the edges. Let cool slightly on the pan.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!