Author Notes: Chewy, sweet, full of almonds and coated in dark chocolate, these Paleo chocolate Florentines are also gluten-free and vegan. —Justina
cups almond flakes
cup almond flour
cup cup agave syrup/honey
cup cup coconut oil, melted
grams dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 150c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the coconut oil and syrup together in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the flaked almonds and mix together with the almond flour.
- Combine the oil and syrup with the almond mix.
- Roll the dough into small balls, and flatten out on the lined tray.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, melt some chocolate by placing the dark chocolate in a bowl and placing the bowl over a pan filled 1/4 way with hot water. (Ensure that the bowl does not make contact with the water).
- Once melted, coat the Florentines with the chocolate either by individually dipping in the bowl or by getting a spoon and pouring the chocolate over the Florentines.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Notes Roll and squash the balls together firmly. Flatten the balls individually out on the tray and if necessary, re-shape so that they stay circular.