If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chewy, sweet, full of almonds and coated in dark chocolate, these Paleo chocolate Florentines are also gluten-free and vegan. —Justina
cups almond flakes
cup almond flour
cup cup agave syrup/honey
cup cup coconut oil, melted
grams dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 150c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the coconut oil and syrup together in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the flaked almonds and mix together with the almond flour.
- Combine the oil and syrup with the almond mix.
- Roll the dough into small balls, and flatten out on the lined tray.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, melt some chocolate by placing the dark chocolate in a bowl and placing the bowl over a pan filled 1/4 way with hot water. (Ensure that the bowl does not make contact with the water).
- Once melted, coat the Florentines with the chocolate either by individually dipping in the bowl or by getting a spoon and pouring the chocolate over the Florentines.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Notes Roll and squash the balls together firmly. Flatten the balls individually out on the tray and if necessary, re-shape so that they stay circular.