If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy meal that's perfect for fall. Any protein would go well with this. Meatballs containing pork would be a rich addition placed into the squash before topping it with the spinach mixture. —chinapans
Serves 2 to 4
- 1 Small butternut squash
- 1 bunch Spinach, rinsed, stems removed
- 1 large Vidalia or golden onion
- 2 tablespoons Parmesean cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 splash Walnut oil
- 1/4 cup Roasted, crushed walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise and place in a baking dish with 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water and bake until a knife or fork easily pierces the squash. About 45 minutes.
- Slice onions into crescent-shaped pieces and sautee in olive oil until translucent in a large pan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach on top of onions and cover to wilt. When spinach turns bright green remove it from the heat.
- Transfer the cooked squash to serving plates or a serving dish. Season with salt and a little pepper.
- Top each squash with the spinach and onions, a smattering of parmesean cheese and roasted walnuts. Drizzle walnut oil over each.