If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad gets a citrusy lift from fresh tangerines and its dressing. The crisp, cooling texture and flavor of the cucumber make this a great salad for sharing at a late-summer barbecue, where it can serve as a side dish or main. Sumac—a spice often featured in Middle Eastern cuisine—provides a delicious, almost sneaky zing.
For the Master Recipe for Instant Pot Beans (and more salads), go here. —Daniel Shumski
Serves 4 to 6 people
cups English cucumber, cut into quarters lengthwise and then into 1/2-inch slices
cups cooked white kidney beans
teaspoons ground sumac
cup extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly squeezed juice of 1 tangerine (about 2 tablespoons)
large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, stems removed, coarsely chopped
tangerines, cut into segments
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a serving bowl, mix the cucumber and beans. Dust with the ground sumac and toss the mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the tangerine juice.
- Add the parsley to the serving bowl and then drizzle the dressing over the salad. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the tangerine segments and toss lightly to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- This salad can be assembled in advance without parsley and refrigerated for a day. Add the parsley just before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!