Author Notes: During the first days of fall, I did this fantastic recipe...I loved the flavor of butternut squash mixed with ginger. It adds an original touch. It's a nice recipe for chilly days in autumn. —Elizabeth2
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, sliced finely
- 4 cups butternut squash, pealed and diced
- 3 cups vegetables or chiken broth
- 1/2 cup 35 % cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over.
- Add carrots, onion, garlic and ginger root.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender.
- Add the broth and the butternut squash, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- With a mixer, reduce in a soup. Add cream and curry powder.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash