If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a beet salad in a restaurant years ago that moved me to head home and see what I could do with beets pistachio nuts. With a little tweaking I came up with this recipe. It's a staple in my kitchen! —algrave
- 1 bunch Organic Chioggia Beets
- 1 bunch Organic Golden Beets
- 1 Humboldt Fog Cheese ( you may substitute a soft, surface ripened goat milk cheese)
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pistachio Nut Meats, crushed
- 6 cups Organic Mixed Greens
- Cut greens from beets. Discard or reuse greens. Boil or steam beets until a knife can pierce through them. Under room temp water, rub off skins and set beets aside to dry.
- Mix the vinegar and honey with a whisk until blended. Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat.
- Cube the beets and add to the bowl. Cover the beets thoroughly with the mixture and add to skillet, leaving any extra liquid in the bowl. Cook for 2-3 minutes, moving the beets around the pan often. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the extra liquid in the bowl and mix well. Plate the salad greens and dress each plate with the mixture from the bowl. Top with beets and a thin slice of the Humboldt Fog Cheese. Add a tablespoon of nuts to the salad and serve immediately.