If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tomato and corn tart with ricotta and parmesan cheese —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 10 basil leaves
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound puff pastry, rolled out to a ¼ inch thick and cut into about 12 ~5 by 3 inch rectangles
- 1 egg + ¼ teaspoon cold water, whisked
- 2-3 medium sized heirloom tomatoes, sliced thinly or about 18 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- Maldon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix together ricotta, basil, mint, olive oil, and Parmesan.
- 3. Place puff pastry rectangles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush each piece generously with egg wash, then use a sharp knife to score a ¼-1/2 inch border around each one.
- 4. Spread a dollop of ricotta mixture into the center of each rectangle and use a spoon to gently spread within the scored border. Sprinkle corn evenly onto each one, then press one large tomato slice or 2-4 cherry tomato halves into the center of each one. Sprinkle generously with Maldon salt and black pepper.
- 5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and cheese is melty. Let cool slightly before serving.