If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Oats are a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Here is a healthy simple porridge made with oats for your perfect gluten-free, lactose-free, low calorific dessert.
—Mitanti Ghosh Sarkar
- 2 cups Oats
- 5 grams Salt
- 2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 0.5 teaspoons Cinnamon powder
- 0.5 teaspoons Green cardamom powder
- 1 cup Milk (lactose free)
- 2 teaspoons Mountain honey
- 2 pieces Strawberries
- Take the oats in a deep bottomed pan, add water to it and turn the heat to medium.
- Add salt and stir well in a circular motion.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Add the cinnamon powder, the green cardamom powder and stir.
- When the mixture becomes thick (oats have almost absorbed the water) add the milk and stir well.
- Stir while adding the honey. Keep on stirring in a circular motion.
- When the milk has been absorbed and the consistency is thick remove the pan from the heat and let it stand.
- In the meantime finely chop the strawberries.
- Pour the porridge in a glass and add the strawberries on top.
- Refrigerate and serve. I used an additional walnut to garnish the porridge.